Pages

Lunes, Enero 4, 2016

The Music of the night

The first time I watched the Phantom of the Opera is in its movie form. I am not really into musicals back then so I did not expect that I would get hooked by its plot. To be honest, what really impressed me the most is not the story, but the songs within the musical. Emma Rossum and Gerard Butler just killed it! From Think of Me to the Point of No Return, I was just amazed and captivated that these modern day artist can still produce such quality renditions of this classic musical.

To be not confused, I am talking about the 2004 edition of the movie and the 2011 musical which are both adaptation of the Andrew Lloyd Webber and Charles Hart Musical. Both of which is in my opinion are good adaptations mostly because of the cast.

I actually played the Phantom in our class play back in highschool. I was initially cast as Raoul but due to my Phantom-like voice quality back then :D, I became the cool Phantom we all know and love. That's why it really felt nostalgic when we watched the 2011 musical in our EEP class. I really wanted to sing along on all of the Phantom's songs,but I didnt because I dont want to brag my still awesome voice to the entire class.

From all the songs that the Phantom sang, my most favorite song is The Music of the Night. I said "most favorite" because also like the Phantom of The Opera and The Point of No Return. What I like the most about the Music of the Night is not only it is really fun to sing, but because this song best describes what the character Phantom really is. It showed that the Phantom is really a brilliant musician as described by the Angel of Music and that he emotionally connected with his passion. This song also echoes the Phantom's loneliness and struggles as he hides beneath the opera house.

I highly recommend The Phantom of the Opera if you have not seen it yet. It is a work of art that is surely be treasured decades from now. :D

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Pinapagana ng Blogger.